Monday, October 27, 2014

40 weeks

How far along? 40 weeks! I guess the baby didn't get the memo that her times is up. Now what do I count down until?

Baby Bump? It’s huge, and hopefully won’t be around much longer.

Comments on my size/pregnancy: “You look like you’re about to have a baby” (Really? Do I?) “You’re still pregnant?”

Maternity Clothes? It’s all about comfort these days. Scott always tells me that I can wear whatever I want because people won’t judge me if I wear pajamas in public because I’m pregnant

Best moment this week: Scott and I went to see “Meet the Mormons” it was pretty good. It was nice being able to spend so much time with just Scott and I before the baby comes.

Belly Button in or out: It’s still in most of the time.

Miss anything?  Being able to wear anything in my closet.  My non-maternity shirts are a little too short now to be worn comfortably.

Food cravings: Sweets, I am always wanting to eat something sweet.

Happy or moody most of the time: Pretty happy, starting to get a little more anxious.

Gender: BABY GIRL! 

Symptoms:  HUGE belly, lots of Braxton hicks, and some cramping, some slight swelling of the feet, I’ve been super hot lately, and I’m super tired by the end of the day. I think that I’ve really had it easy, no major pains or anything.

Wedding Ring on or off: My ring is usually on. Lately I have felt like it has been super warm inside and my hands have started to swell due to that. As long as I am not hot my ring still fits great!

Sleep: I sleep pretty well. I toss and turn a couple times a night, but haven’t had any trouble getting back to sleep. (I am starting to have more dreams about how life is going to be after the baby comes, which sometimes are a little stressful)

This week baby is the size of:  A small pumpkin (just in time for Halloween) and she should be around 7.5 lbs, but I’m guessing she is going to be a little bigger than that.

Baby’s development this week: She’s just getting bigger and building up her fat.

New Baby Items: My dad sent us a baby monitor! We can’t wait to use it. We also got a gift from our landlord.

Looking forward to: Meeting our little girl! (Getting the whole labor thing out of the way)

Anything Else Going on: My mom is going to come out on the 1st, and I cannot wait to see her. I will probably start counting down to her arrival since I know exactly when she will be here.


If this little girl doesn’t join us on her own this week I will most likely be induced on November 3rd. I guess we’ll see if she decides to come on her own or not. 


1 comment:

  1. One tiny bit of advice about the wedding ring. You will most likely be hooked up to an IV drip at the hospital when you give birth, and it will make you swell. Either give to it to Scott when they insert the IV or leave the ring at home before going to the hospital. But take it off before your fingers swell a ton and the ring cuts of circulation! Good luck, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete